“What are some healthy snacks I could eat while at work?”
Good question! Anything that is natural is always good to eat, but the key is to stay away from processed food and eat plant-based whole food nutritious food.
This can feel challenging when you are at the office, on the go, or away from your home.
In order to help give you the best resources, I put together a list that you can choose from. In the future, plan on seeing a full article for each one of these in detail-you can subscribe to my blog to follow along!
Before you get started, I would suggest whenever you feel hungry to drink water. Yes, water!
As our thirst sensations are suppressed or not understood, we may be dehydrated or thirsty, but we ignore that and just go to eat food. Sometimes just drinking a warm glass of water may be just enough to help your body, and the hunger goes away. Always try this first.
When you are hungry there are 5 healthy and delicious options:
- Hummus with cut vegetables; you can dip in the humus with broccoli, carrots, cauliflower and celery. (Pro-tip: cut up enough vegetables for a few days so you don’t have to stop what you are doing and cut the vegetables right then and there. Instead, always have cut vegetables ready that you can put into a container and take with you).
- Drinking vegetable juice such as: carrots, apples, lettuce, cucumbers, beet, celery, and you can add ginger. However, you do not have to mix all of them, sometimes just carrot or Celery juice by itself can be great. Remember to use vegetables, not fruits. Make sure to strain this before drinking. If you want to start with juicing, you can see one of my recipes here:
- Eat whole fruits instead of drinking fruit smoothies like bananas, apples, strawberries, melons, grapes, etc.
- Drink healthy soup made at home (i.e. tomato, vegetable, black bean, spinach, pumpkin, etc).
- Eat fresh cut salad with homemade dressing made out of pumpkin or sunflower seeds. In order to make the dressing, take either pumpkin or sunflower seeds, put them in a blender with water, add a little bit of sea salt and lemon.
The most important thing to remember is that while you are working, you need to give your body the food it needs to fuel and heal. If you want to learn more about the kinds of foods to eat, follow along on Facebook, where I post recipes and give suggestions for items to eat, or email me to learn more.